Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia who at the date of entry, have travelled with Tailor-Made Journeys through one of their brands South America Travel Centre, Antarctic Travel Centre or Arctic Travel Centre and who has fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants’).
4. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. The Promoter is Tailor-Made Journeys Pty. Ltd. (ABN 96 069 629 108), Level 3, 116 Hardware Street, Melbourne 3000.
How to enter
6. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below) submit up to 3 images from their travels with Tailor-Made Journeys. The entrant must be the copyright owner of any images he/she enters into the competition. Any post-production and editing must be the work of the entrant.
7. The entrant is responsible for obtaining all relevant model and/or property releases. The entrant indemnifies Tailor-Made Journeys Pty Ltd. against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of publication of the image.
8. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to Tailor-Made Journeys Pty. Ltd to use their images on Tailor-Made Journeys web sites, newsletters (printed and electronic), brochures and branded pages on social media (Instagram and Facebook). Tailor-Made Journeys will not authorise use of or sell any of your images to any other entity.
9. Entries must include all requested contact details, including a valid email address, to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
10. Each photographer retains copyright of his or her images, and proper credit lines will be attributed to each photographer when used in any publicity.
Number of Entries permitted
11. Three images can be submitted per person. Each image will be deemed as one entry.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
12. The competition commences on at 11:00 AM Friday 10 January 2020 and and closes at 4:00 PM 31 October 2020 (‘Promotional Period’).
All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
13. All the entries into the competition will be judged by TBC and the winner of the competition will be selected by him/her or if he/she is unable to fulfill this duty, a replacement judge will be selected by a Director of Tailor-Made Journeys Pty Ltd. The judge’s decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
14. The winner will be notified by email within two business days of the draw.
15. Prize confirmations will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
Prize on offer
16. The total prize pool is valued at up to $4,000 (Including GST), as at 16/10/2018
17. The prize on offer is:
1st Prize – $2,500 Tailor-Made Journeys Travel Voucher, or Camera equipment voucher
2nd Prize – $1,000 Tailor-Made Journeys Travel Voucher, or Camera equipment voucher
3rd Prize – $500 Tailor-Made Journeys Travel Voucher, or 3 hour photography session (Melbourne).
This prize is strictly not redeemable for cash and non-transferable
18. To claim the travel voucher the winner must contact Tailor-Made Journeys redeem their prize which can be used on a tailor made itinerary created by Tailor-Made Journeys. Prize must be taken by 31 October 2020. If the winner would prefer to have a camera voucher as the prize the winner must contact Tailor-Made Journeys and a voucher for a camera store will be arranged and supplied to the winner. If the winner of third place would prefer a one on one photography session located in Melbourne the winner needs to contact Tailor-Made Journeys who will arrange a suitable time for the session to be held.
19. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
20. By entering this competition, and by collecting a travel voucher prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling or after the prize has been awarded. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
21. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and their travel companions. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at www.smartraveller.gov.au
Further Terms and Conditions
22. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
24. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
25. The Promoter and its related entities collect entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners) and for the purpose disclosed in clause 7. The Promoter may disclose personal information collected to an agent who is engaged to conduct the competition draw and for prize fulfillment.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
26. Each photographer retains copyright of his or her images, and proper credit lines will be attributed to each photographer when used in any publicity.
27. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
28. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
29. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
30. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.